Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Don't Even Know

I really want to finish Anna Karenina, but I'm dragging. I haven't picked up the book in a week. The writing has been going phenomenally -- I'm so excited about that! But it's at the expense of my reading time.

For a while, I was reading a little bit every night before I went to bed. I tried to squeeze an hour out of it, but sometimes it didn't hold my interest, and I struggled to stay awake. Now, my nights have consisted of staying awake until the wee hours writing continuously. The results are stupendous!

I feel very conflicted about the whole thing. I don't want to be loser and not read the book ((it really does have its moments where it's wonderful...)), but at this rate, I feel like I'll never get to read anything else from my booklist. I feel like maybe I ought to pick a different book, something a bit more appealing -- something that'll be easier for me to read and enjoy. Maybe then the reading/writing will be easier to balance.

I kind of hate myself right now.

4 comments:

Erica R Hopper said...

I'd pick up a different book. Sometimes a book I'm reading just doesn't work so I put it away and try another one. Then, maybe months later, I go and pick up that former book and just fall right into it and it leaves me surprised that I had trouble with it at all. And with writing, I feel that when I have the writing bug everything else moves to second on my list of priorities. Writing is first. Because there are many times that the writing bug disappears and it's impossible to get it back. Enjoy it while it's there.

Sheila DeChantal said...

If I get stuck in a book that isnt just flowing for me I put it down... may not be the right time for it. Read something else - relax and enjoy...

Otherwise, skim the book. Glance through the pages and see if there is anything that catches your eyes and makes it pick up for you.

Rachel Belle said...

Shelia,

Thanks so much for the suggestion. (: I stalked your blog, and wow! It looks pretty amazing...you review for publishing companies, as well? That sounds so fun! Anyway, thanks for the comment!

Sheila DeChantal said...

Hey come and stalk any time! LOL Hope to see you blogging again soon! I can connect you to some links for blogging and getting free books to review if you want. You can email me at

journey through books @ gmail dot com

Followers