Sunday, March 1, 2009

Book List

**21 novels read in 2009

I've decided to return to the world of blogging. Though, I should probably use the term loosely. I'm not so much blogging as I'm participating in the 50 Books a Year fun-time madness. And this will be the locale of my success or failure.

So far, I'm not off to a good start, lol.

Here is my list. It's not 50 yet, but I figure I'll add more as I start crossing them off. I'm not reading in any particular order, either.



It'll consist mostly of books recommended to me by others, and almost all of them will be books I would never read under normal circumstances. I do have several "safety" books thrown in, by authors I know and trust to keep me entertained.


K. That's all.

  1. Emma by Jane Austen (3.18.09)
  2. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
  3. A Long Way Home: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
  4. The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie
  5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  6. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (4.30.09)
  7. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolskoy
  8. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (5.20.09)
  9. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (5.6.09)
  10. The Catcher and the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  11. MacKenzie's Magic by Linda Howard
  12. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  13. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
  14. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
  15. Scarlett by Alexandria Ripley
  16. The Cutting Edge by Linda Howard
  17. Come Lie With Me by Linda Howard
  18. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  19. Atonement by Ian McEwan
  20. Marley & Me by John Grogan
  21. The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle (7.29.09)
  22. The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne ((I totally cliffnote-ed this baby in HS; I'm for serious this time))
  23. Stardust by Niel Gaiman
  24. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
  25. *The Host by Stephenie Meyer (7.17.09)
  26. *Three Weeks With My Brother by Nicholas Sparks (5.4.09)
  27. A Northen Light by Jennifer Donnelly
  28. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (7.21.09)
  29. The Story of Edward Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
  30. Angels of Destruction by Keith Donohue
  31. Hands of My Father by Myron Uhlberg
  32. Awake by Lisa McMann (10.19.09)
  33. Fade by Lisa McMann
  34. *I'll Scream Later by Marlee Matlin (8.28.09)
  35. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith (5.25.09)
  36. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
  37. The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
  38. The Weight of Water by Anita Shreve
  39. *Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella (8.23.09)
  40. *Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella
  41. *Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella
  42. *Shopaholic & Sister by Sophie Kinsella
  43. *Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella
  44. Butterfly Tattoo by Deidre Knight
  45. My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands by Chelsea Handler
  46. Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Granger
  47. Echoes by Maeve Binchy
  48. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton (9.05.09)
  49. Soldier's Heart by Gary Paulsen (9.15.09)
  50. *The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
  51. The Light of Day by Graham Swift
  52. Pink Slip Party by Cara Lockwood
  53. A Perfect Day by Richard Paul Evans
  54. Roadside Corsses by Jeffery Deaver
  55. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
  56. Lolita Vladimir Nabovok
  57. Prime Time (Charlie McNally Series) by Hank Phillippi Ryan
  58. The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier (10.08.09)
  59. The Sign for Drowning by Rachel Stolzman
  60. The Twisted Window by Lois Duncan (10.16.09)
  61. The Giver by Lois Lowry (10.31.09)
  62. John Dies at the End by David Wong (11-28-09)

*Denotes safety read.
*Red Strike-Thru denotes very slim chances of me picking up the novel again.

No comments:

Followers