Monday, July 13, 2009

& It Feels So Good

So, I've been gone for a bit. I've actually just returned a few days ago from the Happiest Place on Earth. I *love* Disney World.

With that said, battling the masses of people and the elderly on scooters, while racing madly through the Magic Kingdom (and the rest of the parks), it left me little time to read.

I have...much to my chagrin...shelved Anna Karenina for now. I do fully intend to pick it up later. Right now, I'm just not into it. I did start reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer before I left for Florida. I'm just about half way finished with it -- it's so wonderful. I do enjoy it immensely, just as I suspected I would. I feel much better, actually being able to sit down and get absorbed in a book again. Yay!

I have no idea what to read next. I bought, recently, East of Eden by Steinbeck; my co-worker was reading it and was just gushing the whole way. She said it was awesome. So, I wanted it to put it on my list.

I also bought a hardback edition of Charlotte's Web, but that's just because it was my favorite childhood book and I lost my old copy. I put it in my bookshelf, and I just like to stare at it. It was such a darling little book!

But this is what I'm thinking about picking up next::

I'll Scream Later by Marlee Matlin -- this is pretty much a biography, which I swore I wouldn't do. But I love her, and made the exception.

Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy by Sharon Lathan -- this I bought at Target on a whim. It's supposed to be the sequel to Pride and Prejudice. I hope it's good....

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult -- I own several of her books, and I loved them. So I'm sure this is going to be win, as well.

Those are all books that I currently have waiting in my shelf. I could, instead, breakout my library card and pick something else::

The Story of Edward Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

Or I can look for that odd series by the author who wrote Crank and Identical. Those are supposed to be wicked.

*shrug* We'll see. It feels good to read again.

No comments:

Followers