Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Soul to Lose, Rachel Vincent


I feel cheated, I really do.

I "bought" this book from Amazon and downloaded it to my Kindle app on my iPhone (several, several months ago). I use the term "bought" loosely as it was free. I even got a receipt saying that I would be billed "$0.00".

Well, okay, then.

The premise was interesting: a young girl who suffers panic attacks and hallucinations suddenly wakes in a psych ward. While everyone writes her off as crazy, there's one girl who seems to understand. She see the same shadows twisting around people, too.

Catchy.

I started reading this at 1PM, while at work. In between stocking and waiting on customers. I was finished at 5:30PM.

It was a great read; honestly, it was. But I wanted more. I've only now realized My Soul to Lose is the prequel to Vincent's Soul Screamers series. It's but a teasing novella.

It did it's job, though. I'm hooked, and only mildly annoyed, and I cannot wait to start this series. I'll definitely be looking them up in the local library.

It's YA, in case you couldn't tell. But for anyone who enjoys YA novels, I definitely recommend this.

Happy reading, everyone!

No comments:

Followers