Sunday, March 22, 2009

Honestly?

I had high hopes for Mansfield Park. Sad.

So far, I'm liking Emma more. I do not like this character Fanny; she seems to be everything that Austen opposes in her gender. Edmund is a retard. And though I'm pretty positive they're going to end up together ((*shudder* they are totally first cousins, and I know that was acceptable back then, but honestly)), I can't find anything interesting about Fanny at all. Nothing that makes me want for Edmund ((Or Henry or whoever)) to fall in love with her. She doesn't have spunk, like Elizabeth and Emma. She's only slightly less irritating that Mrs. Bennett and Mr. Woodhouse, and she just...does not win at life. At all.

Sincerely disappointed, I am. And I still have lots more to read.

*defeated sigh*

No comments:

Followers