Saturday, March 14, 2009

I've been pretty productive as of late. I was able to read a good portion of Emma while at work, even though we were surprisingly busy that day ((Friday)). I haven't, however, read any of it since, but I'm going to read some tonight before I go to bed and then hopefully finish it in the morning while I'm at work.

Next, of course, I have to start Mansfield Park, but I've changed my mind on what novel I want to read after MP. While wasting time for the 4:20 showing of "Paul Blart, Mall Cop" ((Peanut Blart and Jelly!)), my sister and I perused Borders. I picked up a copy of The Host by Stephenie Meyer ((which has been since added to my list, but I won't start until the summer hopefully)), and I was planning on purchasing Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.

Oye. I sat down to read some of the novel...it's really short, but really boring. I don't know if I just wasn't in the frame of mind or what, but I struggled through the first chapter. I was still going to buy it but then I saw Wuthering Heights and grabbed that instead. I read two chapters before we had to leave for the movie. So, I think I'm going to put off Rushdie and Tolskoy ((I think next year, I want to tackle War and Peace, lol. I'm mostly joking, though)) and the other Bronte until later.

In news completely unrelated to my books challenge, Writer's Digest is having a competition. I think I might do it. Deadline is around the corner though...so, that means I have to get busy. *shrug* Who knows what'll happen.

Toodles.

No comments:

Followers