Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blog Awards (Like, Whoa), New Book & Such

First, I'd like to thank Amy from My Overstuffed Bookcase for giving me my first two awards. Completely unexpected, and I'm a little giddy about it. (: Thanks so much!




Now, I'm supposed to pass along these awards to five other people. So, here goes::

Sheila from One Persons Journey Through Books
Erica from Soon Remembered Tales
April from Good Books & Wine
Dixie from A Few of My Favorite Things
& finally the blogger from Secret Forest. I have no idea his name, but he was my first comment ever, and I thought I'd give him some recognition. (:

Moving along...I'm loving Jane Eyre. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites. I've had little time to read the past week, but I keep trying -- and then I have difficulty putting it down. Reading before falling asleep is probably my favorite time. Snuggled deeply in thick covers with an engaging book for the win.

Reading Bronte's work is going to continue even slower as I've been assigned to read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton for one of my online classes. My sister, who is now a senior in high school, mocked me because apparently she read the book in 8th grade, while I've never heard of it. Ha, ha, Sister Little, haha.

I went to the library to get it -- all three copies were checked out. Isn't that just my luck? lol. So, hopefully, my sister will remember to pick it up from her school library so that I can start on it. I have to write a paper on it as well. Doing it for a grade isn't quite as fun.

*sigh* Going back to school for a second degree probably wasn't one of my brightest moments...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I was wondering how Jane Eyre was coming along. I love (some parts of) it! How far have you got?

I'm reading my second Dickens - I've long raved about Great Expectations (it's Estelle and Miss Haversham that did it for me), and now I'm finally reading another: David Copperfield. It's fantastic! I couldn't put it down, and now I've only got another ten or so chapters to go! I'll rhapsodise over it on my blog when I'm done. ;)

Your online class sounds interesting - hope you enjoy The Outsiders (which I hadn't heard of either!).

Rosie

J. M. P. said...

Hi, Rachel. You can call me fullet, it's my online nickname. I had no idea I was the first one to comment on your blog, but I'm glad I did it! Your award is the first one I've been given, so there's some correspondence; thanks a million.

So, you really shelved Anna Karenina? Oh... OK, I won't start sniffing. Jane Eyre is well worth a reading. It's also one of my favourites, and I've always thought there's something odd and appealing in the life of the Bronte family. I look forward to reading your next posts about Eyre. Best wishes.

Dixie said...

Awww Rachel, You are so sweet. :-)
Thank you.

April (BooksandWine) said...

I wish I could read The Outsiders for the first time again, since you know there's nothing quite like reading a great book for the first time. I hope you really like it, I think it's a YA classic.

The Outsiders is a really, really quick read, you'll be back to Jane Eyre in no time. :-)

Thanks for the award :-D

Erica R Hopper said...

Hey hun, thank you so much for the blog award(s)! I really appreciate it. I've had a really really horrible day and this was the only positive thing. Thank you so very much.

I'll put them up asap. Thank you <3

ParaJunkee said...

Its an award giving bonanza, ya get another one: http://parajunkee.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-first-award-ceremony.html

ParaJunkee said...

Hey, Al from Publish or Perish passed the award to me, and he said it was started by Bookin With BINGO - to give credit.

C. JoyBell C. said...

Hey Rachel! :) I'm here from Secret Forrest blog. :) Your name attracted me to pay you a visit (if you visit my site, you'll know why) ...and so, congratulations on your award, and btw, I love your background, I chose it once as a background, before. :) Well, almost. I chose a pink one instead, but had a hard time choosing between the two!

Followers