Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Whoa

So, college has been kicking my ass...and it's only the first month. How ridiculous.

I've been distracted lately with assignments, and then the Support Stacie Auction. We raised over $20,000 dollars over a 3 day period. I think that's pretty fab, and I know it'll go along way for Stacie. So proud.

That means I'm going to be busy for a while, though, as I was one of the authors on the auctioning block. ((People actually paid money for me -- what an ego-booster.))

I completed another young adult novel for my online class. Soldier's Heart by Gary Paulsen was pretty amazing. It was really short, and I finished it in about 3 hours ((while at work)). But Paulsen did a great job at capturing the voice of a fifteen-year-old boy from the Civil War. Some scenes were surprisingly graphic, but not...startlingly so. I just hadn't expected it; I don't know why, given the subject matter.

This guy wrote Hatchet, which I was supposed to read in 9th grade, but didn't. Because I was awesome like that, back then. I think I'm going to have to check it out.

And because I'm a loser, I need to finally mention that the awesome Jessica at Despardo Penguin gave me an award...ages ago. I need to show it off, and then come back later and pass it along. Thank you, Jessica!

Photobucket

...This was just a post to say I'm still alive. (:

1 comment:

Misty said...

It happens to the best of us. But perk up, because I left you an award...

Followers